Therefore, there is a need to control the quality of frying oils in a reliable and rapid manner because, even though no signs of oil degradation are shown the oil could have still been used once in a poorly-calibrated deep-fryer, making the percentage of polar compounds exceed the legal limit.
To fulfill this need, OleoTest has been created: a reliable, rapid, and economical method to use in inspections assessing the degree of oil alteration through polar compounds.
In addition to the official techniques, there are methods to control frying oils and fats in the market, but why should you use OLEOTEST?
OLEOTEST is a rapid test suitable for replacing the traditional assays of quality control (oxifrit, food oil sensor, electric meters, fritest, 3M PCT 120, viscofrit), since it removes the need for:
- sophisticated instrument/equipments
- elements made of glass
- flammable solvents
- toxic chemical substances
The advantages of using the OleoTest are:
- Easy to use: from technical/scientific personnel to home users. No technical skills needed.
- Rapid and immediate results: 2 minutes.
- Simple: it does not require any preparation, calibration, external reagents, or instruments.
- It does not require any maintenance: no need for washing or drying.
- Easy to carry and to store: fits in your pocket and can be stored at room temperature.
- Collection temperature of optional sample: Room temperature or higher.
- The result can be kept: the color persists for months and the tube can be used as a periodical register control.
- No need for high assay temperatures: 60ºC.
- No need for oil filtering.
- It measures % of total polar compounds.
- A correlation has been proven between the OleoTest method and the official method [IUPAC-AOAC]; other methods show poor correlation.
- The color of the result persists for months: the tubes can be stored for later verification which is useful for: quality standard directors, inspectors, auditors, etc., or for comparisons in HACCP programs or in improvement studies.
- More economical.
- No calibration expenses.
- No repair expenses.
- No replacement expenses due to defects.
- Absence of solvents: no risk of smoke, fire or explosion.
- Safe for being used in food processing areas.
- Safe for the worker.
- Environmentally safe. Disposable in normal waste. No risk of contamination.